Saturday, February 17, 2001
A Mommy's Prayer
Being at home without Kelby and Michael makes me appreciate every moment I have with them. It is lonely here without them. I wrote this prayer down a few weeks ago, but I just thought I'd share it with everyone:
Dear Lord, Thank you for every moment I have with Kelby. As I get to know her better I see how much harder it might be to lose her. I get to see these happy smiles and cheerful laughs. I get to be asked for hugs and given kisses. I get to have her sit on my tummy and kiss the baby inside. Thank you Lord for these moments. At times I am scared. The thought of losing her comes back. But then I remember that she is your child Lord, even before she was mine. All I can do is be thankful to you for letting me have her for whatever amount of time I get. I get to play outside with her. I get to dance with her. I get to have her hold my hand as we walk across the street. She has a beautiful spirit and she's not worried or scared or sad. She only apprediates every happy moment with us. I might think that it is just because she is too little to understand, but the truth is she knows more than us. If we could have the faith of little children, this might be easier to bear. She's not worried or sad or scared. Thank you Lord for that. You Lord have every second, minute and hour of our lives in your hands. Every second is a blessing that you deserve praise for. It is hard to face the fact that it is poossible that we may lose Kelby in the end. But to give worry, sadness and fear over to you everyday and face the possibility helps me to take each day and appreciate everything about it! That is what Kelby does. Thank you Lord. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.