Sunday, May 13, 2001
Day Three
We did have a good Mother's Day. Mike and I got to get out for a couple hours for lunch because Grampa George came down to spell us. Kelby is not much visibly worse from the outside. The morphine keeps her pain under control. She does have a fever, but they are giving her all the antibiotics she should get. I think that it is normal for the transplant patients to get fevers, but they don't know what causes it. So far they haven't found any infections or anything. The doctors seem to think that she is doing pretty well. Hopefully it will all start to get better soon. The days actually seem to be going by fast. Kelby is sleeping most of the time, so she is peaceful. The worst part is the gooey saliva in her mouth. We have to swab out her mouth from time to time and she hates that. She is really hanging in there though. She is an amazingly tough girl. She gave Mike a kiss last night, so that helps to keep our spirits up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.