Tuesday, May 8, 2001

Kelby Is A Big Sister

I came home from the hospital last night because Shawna was going to be admitted to be induced at 7:00 last night. They only got in 1 out of 4 rounds of medication for Shawna and that was enough to get her into labor. It went quickly and smoothly for her, which is good because there is enough going on right now. Kelby had a sister by 2:14, and her little sister caused her mommy quite a bit less suffering than she did :) Now we only hope that we can get little Tegan down to Children's to meet Kelby before she gets too run down. My dad is down with Kelby by himself right now so that I could be back in Mt. Vernon when Shawna was admitted. I'll probably head back down tomorrow to be with Kelby, and Shawna is feeling pretty good right now so she might even ride shotgun. We're excited to have Tegan with us now, but we miss Kelby. It sounds like Kelby started running a low-grade fever this morning, and she has kinda tapered off on her eating so she'll probably go onto the TPN for nutrition soon. Her energy is beginning to dwindle, but she got her 3rd new chemical yesterday and still hasn't really gotten sick at all yet. There will be one new chemical to be introduced (I think today), and then she should finish up with her chemo tomorrow. Her ANC was still pretty high as of yesterday, but that should start falling rapidly fairly soon here, and the next couple of weeks will likely be pretty hard on her. She's a trooper though, and seems to handle everything in stride so we're very proud of her, and sorry we can always be there to support her because we're getting yanked in so many different directions. I don't know what God had in mind for us with all this craziness, but I hope we're meeting His expectations because it sure does give me a headache to think about more than one day at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...