Friday, May 4, 2001
It All Starts Today
We came down to Children's Hospital this morning. We are now all settled in. Kelby got her first dose of chemo at 1:00 this afternoon. She has been running around here like crazy. She doesn't seem to mind it here much yet...as long as we can play her Olie and VegieTales movies, she's good. She isn't getting sick from this chemo either...yet...we hope that it stays that way. She only got one kind today. Tomorrow she gets two different kinds. She still has more energy than me anyways! I just can't keep up with her.
It is hard to get used to all the new doctors and nurses. There are so many, I just can't keep them straight. We miss our friendly faces at Group Health. Everybody here does seem nice though. Our room is nice and big. We are going to go find a twin air mattress for the room for whoever will sleep here at night. There is a fold down chair, but it isn't the best for sleeping on. We have pretty much moved in. I brought down a ton of Kelby's books and toys.
Michael is in a wedding this weekend, so he can't be here. Grampa George is here with me just in case I go into labor or just get too tired. Only one adult can be in the room with Kelby at night, so I'll stay with her tonight. It is probably the last night that I'll be able to do that. We have an RV all set up that is going to be the "hotel room" for anyone that is down here, but can't stay in the room. It is actually a super nice set-up! That is where I will be at night once the new baby comes. Then, someone else will stay inside overnight with Kelby. I'll be able to handle the day time mostly...with some help. There are always volunteers here that will help us if we need it. Mike is going to start working by the hour for this month, which makes him more flexible. He'll be sent out to do some work around Seattle once in awhile while we are down here. Since he won't be salary for that time, he'll feel more comfortable staying with Kelby when there isn't work to be done. Gramma Debbie and Grampa George are taking breaks from work for awhile to help us out. Hopefully nobody will get too tired out. They also are concerned for Heather (Mike's sister) because she is pregnant, but not due for 8 weeks and she is contracting and dialating already too. She is on partial bed rest now, so she needs some help as well (They have a two-year-old). Please pray for George and Debbie's sanity through all of this! We also pray that Heather's baby stays in there much longer to mature properly. All this sounds so much worse when I actually write it down. I think we are all handling it pretty well. We just trust that everyday is in God's hands and He'll get us through it.
I haven't had the second baby yet. Everyone seems to think that I will pop at any moment, but my heart is set on keeping the baby in until Monday at least. Otherwise, we have it pretty much figured out so someone will be able to get me to a hospital. They aren't leaving me by myself at all. I keep having contractions, but nothing too unbearable yet...and they aren't very regular. Once is does happen, it will probably go fast. I have another appointment on Monday, so we'll see than what is going on. We'd like to have them induce me on Monday night so we know when and where it will happen. My doctor said that wouldn't be a problem, so we'll see what happens. I feel better having Kelby settled in here now.
Please keep up the praying. We are needing a TON of it! We love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.