Saturday was Kelby’s real birthday. I made her Swedish pancakes for breakfast, but I don’t know how to make them very well. They tasted okay, but didn’t look pretty.
Then we let Kelby open her presents from mom, Mike and I, and Gigi & Papa. She was excited to get some money. I think she wants to buy herself a gerbil in the near future. I told her she had to earn the money to prove she could handle the responsibility. Mom surprised her with a stuffed horse she had been admiring at the toy store in Fairhaven. Mike and I got her a fancy mp3 player. It is just like mine and she is excited it will even play movies. It is so easy to use. She’ll get lots of use out of it, but I hope that she won’t be playing the movie all the time. (I’ll only put one on at a time. I told her I would remove the movie as a consequence if I had to.)
We had the hardest time figuring out something to do that day. We talked about riding the ferry, but it was too complicated to find a time and boat to ride.
We ended up going out to Washington Park in Anacortes. The weather was perfect. The girls like the playground there and also enjoyed the beach for a few minutes.
Because another blogging friend of mine posted pictures of their trip to an ice cream shop on Fir Island, we decided to make that part of our adventure. They serve up HUGE ice cream cones on tasty homemade waffle cones. We couldn’t eat all our ice cream. In the end we decided they are just TOO big. Now we are on the look out for an ice cream place with medium cones at a cheap price! Any suggestions?!
That afternoon and evening I was so exhausted. I just kept falling asleep. My mom was there and I just couldn’t get myself to stay awake! I think that my life had been going, going, going up until that point and when I got a chance to just relax…out I went!
We had to take Mom to the airport on Sunday morning. It was a short, but busy visit. We all loved it and will miss her!
I'M HAVING A HECK OF A TIME KEEPING UP W/ ALL THE NEWS...BUT JUST HAD TO SAY "I WANT ONE OF THOSE ICE CREAM CONES":-) SURE DO MISS YOU GUYS.
ReplyDeletewe just went the other day and we only get the kids a cone and Matt and I share otherwise tey do get wasted once in a while well see people with a double scoop thats just crazy I think we went to washington park on last friday but I just found a better playground storvic park I think on 32nd street I took the kids there yesterday its all new you'll have to go check it out;)
ReplyDelete