We are closing in on the last bit of school now. There are only 2 1/2 weeks left. The weather has been beautiful here, so it really feels like summer is approaching! We’ll probably be setting up our little pool here in a week or two.
My car is not getting better. If you hear a click-clacking on the road it could be me. The mechanic thinks it is a “loose lifter” and says they can fix it for $2000 or more OR it the car might run fine like this for a good long while. I need a second opinion, but I am pretty embarrassed making all this noise as I drive down the street! We don’t really know what to do. Do we find a newer van…and run it into the ground pulling our trailer? Do we get a better truck and a smaller car? I love having the seven seats available to me in this van. I don’t think I can give that up! Oh decisions!
Tuesday, May 19, was me and Anika’s last day of MOPS. She’ll be in kindergarten next year, so she won’t get to go anymore. I am not planning to watch kids there next year, but I might change my mind. I loved those little guys this year. It is especially fun to have little boys in my class since I’ve only got girls of my own.
With the beautiful weather, I decided I better get some plants in the ground to fix up around here. Anika and I went to the nursery up the highway from us. I wished my mom was here to help me pick plants! I think I did okay. I got them in the ground and in pots, so now I just have to keep them watered!
I wanted the place to look nice for having some friend over on Memorial day. Mike invited his “Facebook Friends” over. He did the invitation only through Facebook. There was just enough people were here to have a great time. The kids played with water balloons and we had a tasty barbeque.
On the Sunday before Memorial day Mike ran in the “Ski to Sea” relay race as part of the team from Janicki where he works. The race goes 90 miles from Mt. Baker down to the ocean. There is cross-country and downhill skiing, running, street and mountain biking, and kayak and canoe legs of the race. Mike was 13th out of 40 teams in the corporate division. He ran 8 miles of the race. We didn’t go see him run this time since the dynamics of getting around all the people seemed overwhelming.
The week seemed so short since we lost Monday. I was busy preparing for a Ladies’ Ministries retreat we had on Friday to Saturday. I had a great time getting to know the other ladies on the team much better. We had a lot of fun chatty time! Hopefully we’ll all be able to work together even better now!
On Sunday we drove up to find a trail to hike to a lake, but didn’t make it because the road was totally washed out! That was a bummer. Still enjoyed the Sunday drive though. In this picture the girls are standing right where the road was supposed to be!
The memorial service for Mike’s Grandpa Chester is on Thursday. They have been waiting for a time when all the family could come up and be here together. I’m sure it will be a celebration of his life. I’ll get to meet some of Mike’s family I’ve never met before.
This week I’ll also be packing and preparing for our Girl Scout encampment this coming weekend. Kelby and Tegan get to spend the night at a camp on Friday and Saturday nights. I wasn’t going to stay overnight, but the leader is going to have to miss it because her husband is having surgery. So, now I’ll stay on Friday night and then go to our church ladies’ breakfast, then go back to the camp. Mike will have just Anika all weekend.
I don’t know what we’ll do with ourselves all summer, but I’m sure we’ll keep busy! I’m trying to wrap up some church stuff because I’ll be done with this position by the end of the summer. I don’t know if anyone is going to take over after me, so it might be the end. I’ll keep praying that God has someone in mind to take the team on and keep it rolling. I want it to keep going so I can at least still be part of it! It is the leading that takes up so much space in my brain, but just helping will be easy!
Wow Shawna you have alot going on we went out to lunch after church to Sonic the kids have seen alot of commercials on TV for it after Matt showed me how to get to Fairhaven cute little town today is Connors last day of speach until school starts so most anyday works for Fairhaven hopefully the sunny weather continues:)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY THURSDAY!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THE SUNNY WEATHER I ORDERED FOR YOU....TELL THE GIRLS GIGI REQUESTED IT JUST FOR THEM:-) WE KNOW HOW THEY LOVE THE OUTDOORS. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, ENJOY EACH OTHER AND REMEMBER WE LOVE YOU ALL. HUGS FROM BOTH OF US.
ReplyDelete