Tuesday, March 13, 2001

Great News!!

Well, we heard back on the MIBG scan that she had last week. Kelby's scan was really good. They said that there is no cancer in her leg or hip at all. I think that the doctor also was saying that the tumor in her adrenal gland is also dead. The tumor in her jaw was hard to tell, but the radiologist thinks that there is no active cancer there either. This means that she is much more a candidate for the stem cell transplant. I don't know if that means we will get to do it sooner or not, but it sure was good news! We might be able to do the surgery next rather than another round of chemo, but they haven't decided yet. Right now they are just focusing in on getting her little body "beefed" back up and getting her blood counts back up. They want to get her prepared for surgery. We are just super glad that there is less cancer spots in her body! Thank you Lord! I got to go home last night and get a good nights sleep. That was a really good thing because it sounds like Mike didn't get to sleep much last night here at the hospital. They started her IV nutrition at 2:00 in the morning and whenever they do anything new it is a lot of watching and checking that keeps them up. Maybe tonight will be better. I am running on full now though, so I'll be able to handle it. I got Kelby's room finished. Mike had painted it yellow a while back and I just stamped pretty butterflies in a border at the top. It is so exciting to have it done. My next project is a bright butterfly quilt for her bed. It is nice to have projects to work on. Mike is on his way home now. Kelby is doing good. She is content to watch "Rollie Polie Olie" again. She seems a little more perky. They finally got her potassium up to par, and with the IV nutrition she should kick back quickly. Her counts are still going down, but they should turn around again soon too. Then in no time we'll see that happy healthy baby again. I love those happy times! Thanks again for so much praying. We know it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...