Saturday, March 3, 2001

Just Another Day At The Hospital

Well the last 24 hours has been pretty uneventful which is good. They didn't run fluids at the same time as Kelby's chemo last night, and she made it through smiling all the way. In fact she was a little too happy. I couldn't get her to go to sleep until about 9:00 and then she kept waking up and wanting to play when she would hear me move. Finally at about 2:30am she was a little more insistent, so I gave her another pillow and propped her up on her back and she watched a whole Veggie Tales and half of the Great Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and she still wasn't asleep after that. Finally I had the nurse come and draw her blood at about 4:00 so she wouldn't be bothered after that and made her go back to bed. Today we've been hanging out and she's a little tired obviously, but happy as a clam anyway. She's going to have a test at another hospital this week to try to determine if the activity they saw on the bone scan is active healing or active cancer. Sounds like that test, called an MIBG, is pretty inconclusive most of the time though. I'll hang out here with Kelby another night and then Shawna will come down tomorrow and bring Kelby home on Monday morning. Hopefully tonight is as uneventful as the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...