Friday, March 30, 2001
March is Almost Gone
I can't believe that it is the end of March already. It feels like just yesterday it was the beginning of the month. I just wanted to let you all know that the doctors came together yesterday and made some decisions. It sounds like her surgery will be April 11. We'll be admitted on the 10th for pre-op stuff. They won't be doing the biopsy. That is so great. It would have been much harder on her to have both done. Then, she will be going into the stem cell transplant after she completely recovers from the surgery...about 2 weeks later. We wish that the surgery could be next week instead of the week after, but I am sure that they did what they could to get her in. We thoroughly enjoy having her at home so healthy and happy! We just worry that too long without treatment might give the cancer a chance to start growing again. She really doesn't have that much cancer (if any) left in her, so it isn't too big of a worry I think. She is in "successful remission"! So, my guess is that the transplant process will start around the 25th of April. She'll still be recovering when the new baby is due, but she should really be feeling better by that time....hopefully. I think that if we take everything in stride...it will be fine. There's no need to worry about it now. We are so thankful that Kelby is doing so well! We know that God is here with us through every step of this and He is in control. We'll post some pictures after our fun outing this weekend. Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.