Thursday, March 29, 2001
Still No Definate Schedule
Well, the last two days were quite busy. Kelby had a new CT and bone scan done on Tuesday and yesterday we met with the doctors to talk about the plan. The scans went great. Kelby was a really good girl. The hardest part was getting her to drink the contrast that they give her for the CT scan. She only got half of it down the regular way, so they had to put the tube down her nose into her stomach. That didn't make her happy, but once they took that out she was ready to sleep. The sedated her for the scans so she would lie perfectly still. She woke up very happy and ready to eat! She munched down a ton of cheese and a piece of pizza right away. Tuesday evening we took Mom and Brad to the airport and they headed back home. It was nice that they got to see Kelby so happy and healthy!
On Tuesday night a bunch of wonderful ladies did a wonderful thing for me. I just wanted to say thank you to every single one of them! They surprised me with a special "ladies night out" of crafting and fellowship. I thought that I was going to a MOPS planning meeting, but instead a bunch of friends came together to work on a cool craft and they gave me a special gift as well. I don't have enough words of thanks to express how I feel. I managed not to cry over their generosity until I got home. I don't deserve their kindness, but I appreciate it with all my heart. I have a wonderful church and wonderful friends!
Wednesday we went down to meet with the doctors about Kelby's scans and to figure out what the next steps will be. We didn't leave with much more information than we came with. It sounds like the doctors all need to get together and make some decisions. I think that will get done right away now. We first met with the surgeon. He explained what the surgery and recovery will be like. We also met with an ENT doctor who might do the biopsy of her jaw bone. They still aren't sure where we will be for the surgery or when it will be. They still have to decide whether or not to even do the biopsy on her jaw. It really revolves around Dr. Park at Children's who is in charge of the stem cell transplant. We'll let everyone know more once we know more.
Otherwise, Kelby is doing soooo well. She is her normal self...except that bald head. We are enjoying her so much. My dad came in to town yesterday too, so he gets a chance to enjoy her while she is healthy too! Things are going great and we are acting like a normal family right now. We are even going to take this weekend to either go camping or to stay overnight in Seattle and go do a ton of fun things. In Seattle there is the Pacific Science Center that has a live butterfly exhibit and a bubble exhibit, so we know that Kelby will LOVE it! Thanks for all your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.